Part 1: Course Information
This online training course explains in detail about database, data warehouse, data modeling concepts, data modeling types and how these are used in OLTP environments and Data warehouse / Datamart Environments. To get more information about this training program, send an email to Training@LearnDataModeling.Com and we will get back to you.
- Start Date: 9th January 2018
- Course Name: Data Modeling Training
- Training Hours: 9.00 PM EST to 10.30 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Training Time: 1.5 hours per session
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Total no. of theoretical classes: At least 12
- Mode of Teaching: Online through SKYPE.
- Instructor: Neelesh & Antony (Owner of LearnDataModeling.com)
- Office: USA and Chennai
- Internet connection
- Lap Top or Desk Top
- MS Word, MS Excel
- My SQL
- Windows Operating System
- Soft copy of the document will be provided.
- Will be provided.
Part 2: Topic Outline/Schedule
Week 01: Data Modeling
- What is a Data Model?
- Who needs Data Modeling?
- Different Data Modeling Tools.
- Explanation for Logical, Physical, Conceptual, Enterprise, and Dimensional Data Model
- Data Modeling Development Life Cycle
- Steps to create a data model
- Data Modeler Role
- What is Business Analysis?
- What is Business Process?
- What is Predictive Analysis?
Week 02: & Week 03 – Data Modeling Tools & Database
- Database Commands: Database Objects, Constraints, Create Object, Alter Object, Drop Object, Insert, Delete, Update
- Naming conventions and standards.
- How to create a Logical Data Model?
- How to create a Physical Data Model?
- Comparison of Logical and Physical Data Model
- How to generate SQL Code?
- How to implement it in Database?
- How to create versions of the Data Model?
- How to compare a Data Model with a Database?
- How to create a Data Model from a Database?
- What is Repository?
- What is Metadata?
- How to generate reports?
- What to learn in Data Modeling Tools.
Week 04: Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- What is a Data Warehouse?
- What is a Data Mart?
- What is Snow Flake Modeling?
- What is Star Schema Modeling?
- What is Slowly Changing Dimensions?
- What is a Lookup?
- How to maintain data in Lookups?
- How to send emails to your stake holders?