Metadata stored in a repository can be produced in the form of reports for easy understanding and these reports are very useful in explaining about the various objects or data structures and the relationship between these objects. The following products like Schema Logic Enterprise Suite, Rochade, Metatrieve, Datamapper, Metacenter, Metadata Integration Frame work stores and handles metadata in an efficient and effective manner.
Following are few examples for metadata reports.
- A metadata report on business process activities, data flow.
- A metadata report on source and target columns can be generated to find out all the source and target field names, data types, definitions etc.
- metadata report on workflow can be generated to find out all the workflows, workflow properties, workflow scheduling, workflow execution details etc.
- A metadata report on mapping can be generated to find out all the sources and targets in the mapping, source fields and target fields participated in the mapping etc.
- A metadata report on business intelligence can be generated to find out all the score cards and balanced score cards.