Logical Data Modeling:
This is the actual implementation and extension of a conceptual data model. A Logical data model is the version of a data model that represents the business requirements (entire or part) of an organization and is developed before the physical data model.
As soon as the conceptual data model is accepted by the functional team, development of logical data model gets started. Once logical data model is completed, it is then forwarded to functional teams for review. A sound logical design should streamline the physical design process by clearly defining data structures and the relationships between them. A good data model is created by clearly thinking about the current and future business requirements.
Logical data model includes all required entities, attributes, key groups, and relationships that represent business information and define business rules.
In the example, we have identified the entity names, attribute names, and relationship. For detailed explanation, refer to relational data modeling.
Example of Logical Data Model:
What you can learn in our Logical Data Modeling Training?
- How to normalize the Logical OLTP data model to 3NF (Normalization 1NF, Normalization 2NF, Normalization 3NF process)?
- How to group entities?
- How to join entities?
- Whether the relationship must be identifying or non-identifying?
- Which entity should be a master entity and child entity?
- How to identify lookup (referencing tables) and start adding data and maintain it?
- How to add attributes to entities?
- How to identify Super Key, Primary Key, Candidate Key, Alternate Key, Foreign Keys, Natural Keys, Surrogate Key?
- How to create constraints?
- What is cardinality? How to connect different entities with relationship lines?
- What is subject area? Why subject area is needed?
- What kind of presentations are required to speak with business analyst and subject matter experts?
- How to compare different versions of a Logical Data Model?
- What additional entities or attributes to be created apart from the attributes present in source feeds?
- We provide online training in advanced OLTP Data Modeling and DIMENSIONAL Data Modeling.
- We also teach the data structures with Data Analytics Software “R”.
- We provide online Data Modeling Project Support when you get struck with projects that you are involved.
- We can analyse your Business Requirements, understand and suggest solutions to create OLTP Data Models and Dimensional Data models.
- We provide Data Modeling Interview Preparation Sessions with a lot of Data Modeling Interview Questions/Answers, which will help you to clear any interview.
If you are interested, please reach us at Training@LearnDataModeling.com or 91-9080157239