What is Software Testing Life Cycle | Basics and Concepts of Testing Life Cycle:
In this section, we will see the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in brief which includes the requirements, test plan, test strategy, test case design, Test data, test scripts, requirement traceability matrix and test execution reports. We have also included a Flow Chart for describing software testing life cycle for better understanding.
- Requirements Study.
- Clarification of Requirements should be closed.
- Functional Documents should be signed off.
- Test Plan should cover all requirements.
- Test Plan should be signed off.
Test Case Design:
- Identification of Test Scenarios.
- Identification of Test Data for the identified scenarios.
- Test Cases signed off.
- Requirements and Test Cases should be mapped.
Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM):
- RTM should be created and signed off.
- Unit Testing should be completed.
- Test Environment should be created.
- Smoke Testing should be completed.
- All Test Cases should be executed.
ReTesting and Regression Testing:
- Defects raised should be mapped to Test Cases for the defects raised.
- Retesting and Regression should be done.
Test Summary Reports and Exit:
- Test Summary Reports should be signed off.
- Testing Completed. Maintenance Phase Begins.
- Testing signed off.
Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) Flow Chart: