Data Modeling Interview Questions
- Have you exported objects from the data model to different database? What is the use of it?
- What is aggregated data and why do you need aggregated data?
- What is the role of a logical data modeler and physical data modeler?
- How do you gather requirements for creating data model?
- What is the naming convention you follow?
- What are the different notations that can be used?
- What is Cardinality?
- What is identifying and non identifying relationship?
- Why do you need phrases in a data model?
- Have you generated reports for data models? Why do you need reports from data model?
- How you will recover if data modeling file is corrupted?
- What is Meta data? What kind of Meta data do you capture in a data model?
- Explain a difficult situation in data modeling and how did you resolve it?
Logical Data Modeling Questions:
- What is logical data modeling?
- What is conceptual data modeling? Why do you need that?
- What is enterprise data modeling? Why do you need that?
- What is relational data modeling? When you will use relational data modeling?
- When you will go for relational data modeling?
- What is OLTP?
- What is OLAP data modeling?
- What is dimensional data modeling?
- What is a dimension?
- What is a slowly changing dimension? What are the types of slowly changing dimension? Which one you will use it?
- What is super type and sub type? Where you will use in logical or physical data model? If you generate the super type and sub type structure it in a database, what are the consequences?
- What is Star Schema? When you use Star Schema?
- What is Snow Flake? When you will use Snow Flake Schema?
- What is the difference between Snow Flake and Star Schema?
- Can you compare logical data model with data base? How?
- How you will find out the difference between the logical data models created previous month and current month?
- What is Data Ware House?
- What is Data Mart?
- What is the difference between data ware house and data mart?
Physical Data Modeling Questions:
- What is physical data modeling?
- What is the difference between logical and physical data modeling?
- Can you compare physical data model with data base? How?
- How version controlling is done in a data model?
(Visited 30,036 times, 1 visits today)